Friends of Newton Hill was formed to promote the restoration, maintenance, and use of the Newton Hill section of Elm Park. The group is dedicated to maintaining the park's natural beauty, its trails and paths.
Who Are We?
Founded in 2001, Friends of Newton Hill is a member organization of Park Spirit of Worcester, Inc; a non profit 501C(3) park improvement organization. Friends of Newton Hill is comprised of neighbors, students, and local business people volunteering to maintain and improve the Newton Hill section of Elm Park.
Newton Hill History1720 John Stearns establishes a mill near Newton Square, just off Pleasant Street. 1850-1888 For several years, a major portion of the land belongs to Colonel John Wetherell and his wife Hester, whose father is Rejoice Newton, for whom the hill was named. 1888 Newton Hill is purchased by the City of Worcester and becomes part of Elm Park. More...
Newton Hill is the located in the western part of Elm Park in Worcester, MA. It is bordered by Park Ave, Highland St., and Pleasant St.