Meeting date and time: April 30thth, 2018 – 7 PM
Location: Blessed Sacrament Phelen Center
Attendance: Rob Antonelli, Phil Bolduc, Stacey Hill, Brittany Legasey, Charlie Markonian, Conor McCormack, Kevin McCormack, Rick Miller, Paul Popinchalk, Nicolas Ouellette, Andy Serrato, City Councilor Matt Wally
- April Volunteer efforts recarp
- ~600 volunteer man hours
- Stacey Hill’s efforts resulted in 50 attendees at the Earth Day clean up
- Working for Worcester clean up had over 100 volunteers, Conor McCormack did a great job coordinating.
- Updates and Upcoming Events
- State Rep. John Mahoney included an amendment in the budget for $100,000 for improvements for Elm Park.
- May 12th 9AM-12 Blessed Sacrament Cares Day, volunteers will plant flowers in Newton Square and at the summit
- Summer Concerts
- Steve Hopkins will not work the table this year, other volunteers will have to help staff
- Rick Miller will put together a list of dates and volunteer roles for member and volunteer sign up
- FNH will need a coordinated plan volunteer schedule for cleaning/maintaining the new bathrooms.
- Doherty Rebuild
- Meeting in March was largely procedural
- Brittany Legasey presented a draft of the FNH position about Doherty & the park. Amendments were made and Rick Miller will update the position and format it for advisory board member signature for the next meeting.
- Issue discussed about lack of parking during school hours and parking that blocked access to the trailhead – to be brought to the attention of Assistant Commissioner of Public Works and Parks Rob Antonelli.
- A number of parties have been held at the summit of the Hill that damaged park amenities and created litter.
- Disc Golf Course Expansion
- Kevin McCormack presented his plan to add an additional 18-baskets to the existing course in anticipation and preparation of the PGDG World Championship which will be held in central Massachusetts in September 2019
- Paul Popinchalk advocated for a landscaping and management plan for the Hill, as a follow up to a discussion about how the proposed new amenities will be decided upon and installed
- Special guest: Rob Antonelli
- Storage building is nearing completion, will be given access date soon – end of May – Mid June
- Bathrooms in the building will only be open for park use, not left permanently accessible. DHS and Tenacity will also have access.
- Rob Antonelli will check with the city about funding for the disc golf course expansion
- Date/time set for presentation of disc golf expansion to the Parks Commission
- Discussion about parking situation at DHS – a ‘no parking’ sign will be installed to maintain access to trailhead.
Next meeting: Monday, June 4th, 2018